My Family Getting Ready to Run Fontana Days Half Marathon 2012

Monday, August 6, 2012

Another Blog? ... YEP!

So I know what you're thinking... "another blog on the internet...cool". And my answer is YEP! Another blog on the internet. But I want my blog to be a little different than most blogs out there. I want to blog my half-marathon training program (and eventually my marathon training program). I got this idea from a friend on Facebook who did something really similar and I really loved reading her journey through the ups and downs. Hopefull you'll enjoy it as well...and hey, maybe it'll get you into running!

So, who am I?

I'm Maggie. I live in Southern California with my husband, Jonathan and fortunately our 2 dogs, Lucy and Oscar allow us to share their home with them. We live in a running town; everywhere you go there are runners running. I am 25 and have always liked running but only a couple of years ago got into it aggressively. My husband, his dad, and I run together and we do races together. We ran our first half marathon last year and I can't wait to run another and my ultimate goal is to run a marathon before I turn 27.

So, why am I writing this blog?

I not only want to document my training for myself but I also want to show others what it's like to really train for a half marathon. I'm no 'elite' runner by ANY standards, but most aren't...and I think it might be fun and good to be able to show others that mostly anyone can run a half marathon.

So that's that... I will document every week of training. What I did, how I felt, etc. I am using a running program called Run Less, Run Faster" by Jeff Galloway. This method uses a 3 day running schedule and 3 day cross training schedule. The runs are prescribed for you and the cross training is left up to what you'd like to do (I choose Kettlebells and strength training).

I am training to run the half marathon at an 8:00/mile pace, or in 1 hour and 45 minutes. When I say training, I mean I'm training...I hope I can run it that fast, but anything under 2 hours will be a vast accomplishment for me.

I hope you enjoy my blog as much as I'm anticipating documenting my story!

:)Maggie

No comments:

Post a Comment