My Family Getting Ready to Run Fontana Days Half Marathon 2012

Monday, March 25, 2013

3 Day Detox by Dr. Oz (Day 1)

So I know, I know...it's been forever since I've blogged!

Recently I've been hitting both the gym as well as cross training really hard. One of my new favorite things is Fridays. Fridays at 4:30 I go to a Pilate's class. Our instructor combines yoga into it as well so it's improving flexibility and core strength. Then exactly after that class is SPIN! I love spin because it allows me to not have the impact from running yet still get an AMAZING workout. I feel my legs getting stronger by the class and it's ultimately helping in my running times too (which I know is coming from Pilate's as well).

We decided not to do the other half marathons we originally were going to do and save the next 13.1 for Fontana Days in June. (I still may do the half at Run Through Redlands in April). We've just been running and training for distance! I recently ran a 5K with our work team for Race for the Cure. It was AMAZING. There were so many people there it was really inspiring. I ran it is 26 flat and I haven't ran that fast since I got my orthotics so I feel like my other activities are helping me!
---------------

So just a bit of an update... now on to the blog post at hand...The 3 Day Detox. I found this on Pintrest. Dr. Oz is the one that started this (and I didn't realize it, but my mother in law also did this last fall and loved it). The thing that got me really wanting to do this was the fact that it's only 3 days. I do another cleanse from Trader Joes that's 2 weeks. Since it's only 3 days it's really not supposed to help with weight but more to rid yourself of toxins in your body.

It's a smoothie cleanse and you drink 3 smoothies a day that are different and I'm willing to bet that they are designed for something different but I can't find out the reasoning behind that.

Since I'm going to review each day, I will review one smoothie per day along with how I felt. (HERE IS THE DR. OZ CLEANSE INSTRUCTIONS)

Breakfast Smoothie
Deliciousness Scale (1-10)...10!
Ingredients:
  • Water
  • Flax seed
  • Bananas
  • Raspberries
  • Spinach
  • Almond Butter (I used Peanut Butter)
  • Lemon
Calories: Myfitnesspal said 312 calories

I really liked this smoothie. It's definitely a true fruit smoothie. Very delicious and refreshing. It kept me full until lunch with no problem. I drank the smoothie at 7:30 and had lunch at 12:30. Using the blender made it think but definitely drinkable.

Before breakfast you drink a cup of green tea with a lemon (I used Trader Joes Organic Green Tea)


After breakfast you take half of a serving of your multivitamin and a full serving of your probiotic. (I use Vegan Raw multivitamin--I've taken these for awhile and like them--serving is 3; I use Trader Joes Probiotic and LOVE this probiotic--serving is 2)

After lunch you take the other half of a serving of the multivitamin and then a full serving of the Omega 3 (I picked up the Omega 3 at Trader Joes--serving size is 1).

After dinner you take your detox bath. I was a little skeptical about this because it's 2 cups Epsom salt and 10 drops lavender oil. You then use coconut oil for your lotion afterwards. I thought it was just a process but even after one bath my skin feels AMAZING. If you do this detox, DO NOT skip out on the bath.

I wasn't hungry all day, I feel great tonight and am looking forward to tomorrow!

:)maggie 

No comments:

Post a Comment