My Family Getting Ready to Run Fontana Days Half Marathon 2012

Wednesday, September 5, 2012

A Week Without Training... :-(

So for the last week and a half I wasn't able to train a complete week. I did Kettlebells twice and I ran twice. I am bummed because I feel like I haven't made progress but I know it's a part of life. I am extremely busy with an 80% travel schedule. It's not an excuse; I can always go to the gym while on the road, but it's hard.

Since I wasn't able to really complete a full week of training I am just repeating week my 3rd week of training. This week is 800M repeat sprints, a 6 mile tempo run, and a 10 mile long run, with Kettlebells in between. I will report back at the end of the week on how this week went when I'm done.

For this blog I just wanted to do a little research on how busy people keep with training programs and how they train intensely with holidays, travel, etc.

What I've come up with is that every runner has a different philosophy on missing runs. Some keep progressing, some repeat, some even go back to the previous week. As I said before,  I am choosing to just repeat week 3.

Some of the things I do to keep myself on track (or at least try to do) is I like to set my week up at the beginning of the week so I know what my plan is for the entire week and then if I'm traveling or there is something going on I can plan around it. I also like to always plan to go in the morning and if something comes up I can plan to make time in the evening.

So with that I did Kettlebells yesterday, my hubby and I are running tomorrow, and I will be doing Kettlebells again on Friday, and doing our 10 miler on Sunday.

Sorry for the boring blog today... it's been pretty uneventful over here on the running front lately!

No comments:

Post a Comment